2019 has been a significant year of growth for the PSA Foundation. We’ve seen our initiatives and programmes become increasingly well established and recognised in the squash world.
For those relatively new to the PSA Foundation, follow the link below to our new about us guide that will give you a handy overview of what we get up to.
A fantastic development which celebrates a successful year is the news that the PSA Foundation is on the verge of finalising charity status in the US.
This will significantly strengthen the reach of our work. It’ll also introduce some fantastic new partnerships in a country where the structure for squash is strong.
Another exciting development since the start of the 2019/20 season has been the establishment of two new partnerships with community squash programmes based in El Salvador and Jordan.
Both of these do fantastic work to support underrepresented groups through the mediums of squash and education. We’re delighted to be supporting such initiatives.
We couldn’t achieve what we do without the support of our members and the wider squash communities that come together to grow and celebrate our fantastic sport.
We are greatly appreciative of everyone who has supported us during 2019 and we can’t wait to see what exciting achievement we can reach in 2020!
Here’s some quickfire highlights of 2019:
- Our partnerships with independent community squash programmes grows to 10 based across the world
- Three new school-based programmes set up in the UK in partnership with Rackets Cubed
- One of these being the first ever World Tour tournament legacy programme born at the British Open
- Over 800 school children introduced to squash at World Tour tournaments
- Four Squash University workshops held at the Tournament of Champions, Hong Kong Squash Open, PSA World Championships & Manchester Open
- Second of the yearly Sumner Malik Charity Event going strong
- Rebound donations sent out to five different programmes internationally from areas of deprivation
- It’s Mine campaign born from the PSA Foundation in partnership with the PSA celebrating the women’s tour and the great role models within to inspire the next generation
- Supported the World Squash Day and Women’s Squash Week initiatives
There’s plenty of other initiatives we’re proud to be a part of. You can read more in our 2018/19 season review or by checking out our website.