“80% of program children said they felt they could achieve their dreams.”
The PSA Foundation recently conducted a survey of the Squash for Development Organisations (SDOs) we work with, with the results finding that children and young people across the world are experiencing positive lifestyle changes through squash.
What is an SDO?
SDOs utilise squash as a vehicle for social change combined with academic tutoring, nutrition support and much more to help underserved populations around the world.
As the charitable arm of the PSA Tour, we partner with these non-profit programs and provide resources and support they otherwise might not have.
Each SDO provides a wide range of support that works towards a variety of different outcomes for the individuals they work with.
- Graduation from school
- Acceptance onto college or university scholarship programs
- Cultural and community cohesion
- Gaining employment when of age and sustainable living
- Developing healthy values and ambition
- Developing a lifelong healthy lifestyle
- Sporting achievement and satisfaction
We conducted research across 8 of these organizations during early 2023, surveying the program children and their parents.
The data collection received 202 responses from participating SDO children, and 198 responses from parents of those children.
- 95% of program children said they were either happy or very happy now that they play squash.
- 82% of program children said they either enjoyed or really enjoyed attending school.
- 81% of program children said they were confident or very confident about trying new sports.
- 80% of program children said they felt they could achieve their dreams.
- 75% of parents recorded that their child was exercising more often since participating in a SDO
- 74% of parents noticed an improvement in their child’s ability to concentrate since participating in a SDO
- 68% of parents noticed an improvement to their child’s energy levels since participating in a SDO
- 66% of parents noticed an improvement in their child’s listening and social skills since participating in a SDO
How You Can Help
We want every child to have the opportunity to play our sport, and the option to aspire to play on the biggest stages of the PSA Tour, no matter their background.
We are currently fundraising to send the world’s best squash players to visit these programs, to help inspire these children who otherwise would not have access to the role models from the PSA Tour.
While we are visiting these programs, we will also be filming a documentary series to raise awareness of their amazing work and highlight how vital squash is within these communities.
Email email@example.com for any donation-related queries.