This year’s Sumner Malik celebratory event will take place on Saturday August 3 and will see an exciting England team face a Rest of the World.
There will also be coaching clinics with Squash Skills, the Nick Matthew Coaching Academy and England Squash National Senior Coach David Campion.
A sneak peak at some of the players featuring in the teams include England’s former World No. 1 and three-time World Champion Nick Matthew, World No. 7 Sarah Jane-Perry and for ROTW World No. 13 Joel Makin and World No. 9 Tesni Evans.
Not only will you get to watch some world class squash and receive coaching from world renowned coaches, but you’ll also get opportunities to play on court with the professionals. The day’s activities will also include a BBQ and Danny Lee band to end what will be a fantastic day, all included in the full day and pro show tickets.
Sumner’s charisma, fun-loving personality, and passion for squash brought together the global squash community who rallied to help him battle Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG), a highly aggressive and difficult to treat brain tumor.
Unfortunately, Sumner lost his battle to DIPG last year, but the love, encouragement, and affection of the squash community were always a huge part of his optimism in facing this hard battle.
On August 3 at Nottingham Squash Club, we want to celebrate Sumner’s life and the kindness of the squash community that we are all so lucky to be a part of. Professional players, coaches, juniors, parents, fans will all unite for a fun day of squash!
Buy your tickets here:
All proceeds go towards Sumner’s legacy through the yearly charity event and funding community programmes that give juniors the opportunity to play squash.
Here is the schedule for the day:
- 10.30am: Attendants check-in
- 11.00am: 1 hour 30 min coaching workshop delivered by representatives from Squash Skills, Nick Matthew Coaching Academy and England Squash National Senior Coach David Campion.
- 12.30pm: Lunch Break
- 13.30pm: Pro player meet and greet & squash challenges
- 14.00pm: Play-a-Pro experience (15 minutes on court playing 3-quarters, 4 guests per court, pro players rotate court every 5 minutes)
- 15.00pm: Pro player meet and greet & squash challenges session 2
- 15.30pm: Shower and change
- 16.00pm: England VS ROTW – Two teams of 5, best of three games.
- 18.30pm: Dinner/BBQ – (Included in Gold Package and Pro Show ticket prices)
- Follow on: Danny Lee band & social at the bar
- Opportunities for guests to play amongst themselves throughout the day